Monday 3 April 2017

Left Astonished

Every once in awhile, I go up into the mountains with my family. Driving up, I love looking out my window watching all the trees and wildlife pass right before my eyes. Opening the windows to smell the clean air always makes me happy. Whenever we arrive in the mountains, we set out to explore.  Hiking is my life.  Whenever I hike, I let go of my worries. When I hike, I always look around me to see all the wonders that mother nature made for us
to love and cherish.  I follow paths that I know will leave me breathless.  When I get to the special spot the path leads me to, it always leaves me to be in awe and astonishment that we live in a world like this. There’s always a lake at the end of my destination. Dipping my feet in the cold refreshing water makes me be relaxed and comfortable for what I have accomplished. As I sit there, I listen to all the wildlife around me with my eyes closed, reliving my adventure to get to where I am now, enjoying that I feel free and renewed. I see with my own eyes the beauty from my hike and take pictures to have the memory last longer. The reason I’m passionate about hiking and the mountains is because of my mom. She always looks so at home whenever we are away from everyone else, with just her family and nature to keep her company.  She looks like her self again - happy, young and full of life. Seeing my mom like this makes me happy and relieved because she works so hard and cares for everyone.


-Hannah Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment