Monday 3 April 2017

The Shadows of My Life


In my everyday life, I do my best to hide my vulnerability in situations that I’m uncomfortable with, like a big group of people that I’m not familiar with. I don’t know why, but I do distance myself. I will usually spend most of the time on my phone when I’m in a big group of people I don't know. I get anxiety in situations like that because I have trust issues. I’m not afraid of people judging me, but always in the back of my mind lies the thought of not being good enough. I don’t know why I question my self-worth, I just do. I’m vulnerable, but I do my best to keep my vulnerability hidden in the shadows. Not many people understand what its like to question their self worth, or get anxiety during a time that is odd to get anxiety in. Personally, I believe that anxiety is a demon that keeps you captive in the dark shadows of fear. Everyone tells me anxiety is just fight or flight, but to me all I wish I could do is take flight out of my body when the big burden drops on my chest like a 200 pound boulder. The bright side is what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger. I know as I grow up that I will learn from these experiences that I am going through and I will be an even stronger person. Day by day my courage grows because I stand up to my personal issues every morning as I get ready for school. At the end of my journey all these issues will help shape me into a stronger, better, and happier man.
-By Nolan Brooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXl6QpWQ5xo
This is a link to the short film "Nothing Will Stop Me".  It is a motivational video, reminding               us that "there is nothing as powerful as a changed mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment