Wednesday 5 April 2017

The Road

I don't find my life terribly stressful at this point, especially since I’m almost done high school which will be a huge weight off my shoulders when it's done. However, when my life does get stressful I calm down and free my mind by listening to music, working on cars, and most of the time I go to the middle of the mountains to touge. I like to listen to many songs, but one of my favorites, "Seize the Day" by Avenged Sevenfold, stands out to me because of the meaning it has to me. When I listen to it I have always picture it referring to someone who wasted their time and the regrets it and it’s too late for them to go back. The chorus always brings me inspiration to "seize the day". People die and memories fade, so the point is to live now or never.

I have been into the car culture for along time now and hopefully in the future I still will be involved in it. I currently own eight cars, but only one runs and drives, while the others are projects on which I get to learn and improve my skills to get them running and driving. I am hoping to find a place that will let me apprentice, so I can be around what I love to do. My favorite place in the world other than my  farm would be highway 532 in the Rocky Mountains. The road goes through a valley at the top of the mountains then it drops into the bottom of the mountains into a larger valley. Just before the switchbacks start to go down the mountains I love to stop and look over the valley. It makes feel refreshed, energized, and like I can do anything. I learnt to touge on that road with my dad; we used to drive it every weekend in the summer. If I feel stressed and just want to take a break in the summer, I will make the two hour drive from Lethbridge, or four hour drive from my farm just to feel those feelings and to enjoy the relaxing, beautiful drive.

-By Michael Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment