Monday 3 April 2017

Because I Dance...


Passion to me is doing something that you love and never getting tired of it. My passion is dance; dance has been a huge part of my life. I've been dancing for 5 years, and these years have been the best years of my life. Before I started dancing I was really shy and had no confidence at all. Then I found Urban Beat Dance studio; I fell in love with dancing and the feeling of a kind and welcoming studio. I started dancing hip hop for 3 years until I recently started tap dancing  last year.  I love to dance because I get to meet new people and be a part of team that I call my dance family. I have gained confidence from performing in front of hundreds of people at competitions every year and plus I have become a better person from dancing. Probably my favourite thing about dancing is all the fun and pretty costumes that we get for competitions and the adrenaline I get right before I hit the stage. Dancing is a good therapy. If I am having a bad day or something is bothering me I dance because dancing clears my head and makes me not think about the situation. This year will be the last time I get to dance with my dance family and share the competition stage with them. Dance has taken me from a shy awkward teen with a low self esteem to a self assured confident young women I am today.
-By Keely Cernetic


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ExXKEE4Q5jR2ZsQWJKR0E2TXdaTC1hdVRsRHhtZVNseThZ/view

These links are to some recorded videos of my "dance family" and myself practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment