Monday 3 April 2017

The Reason I Play

When I was much younger I would always want to go see my sister and my brother play their school sports. Going to see how my siblings play and how they connect with people, mostly watching my brother playing volleyball, caused my mind to open up. After watching his whole volleyball season whenever I got the chance I would try to set or pass the ball. When grade seven came along I wanted to tryout for the school volleyball team. And that is where it all started my passion for this sport. I was one out of two grade seven kids to make the senior team. Through my middle school years I’ve stuck to the same sport and still love it. Going into grade ten was nerve-racking because I didn’t think I was going to make the team, it was more difficult because new kids from different schools were trying out to be on the team. After I made the team I created goals for my career.  My JV team got second at cities, my SV team got second at cities and won a zone banner, got top ten at provincials and got top five at nationals.  Hopefully my next goal is to play for a post-secondary program. I love this sport and I will for many years, I’m glad my brother started playing because if he didn’t, I don’t think I would have started playing I would have stuck to playing basketball.

-By Tim Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment