Monday 3 April 2017

Brandy, My Best Friend

Role models are important to an individual because not only do they guide an individual to make positive life choices, but they also provide inspiration and support to one's life. Brandy Little Bear is my auntie, my best friend, and my role model. If I could explain Brandy in one word it would be extroversion because she is the most outgoing and positive person you will ever meet. There is never a dull moment when I’m with her and I can always depend on her when I need comfort or someone to cheer me up through the hard times. Something we always like to do is cruise to go get a slurpee and sing to 2000 throwback songs in the car. Brandy wears her heart on her sleeve and always puts everyone else before herself. She feels as if her purpose in life is to help others who are in need of it. Ever since I was a little girl she kept me close to her, almost like I was a little sister, not to mention Brandy is only nine years older than me so it was more of a sister relationship between us, and it still is like that. She never left any of my siblings and I to feel unwanted or lonely. She resides in Calgary and over the summer she was the only one who encouraged me to get a job up there. Brandy also supported me while I lived with her for the few months while I was up there working. I look up to her because of how strong she is as a woman, and how she just goes for what she wants. Brandy is no pushover, she helps where she is needed and wanted, but never lets anyone take advantage of her. She is also someone who takes chances and risks in her life, someone who isn’t afraid of anything. Brandy moved up to Calgary with only the clothes on her back after high school knowing it wasn’t going to be easy, but had hope that in the end everything would play out perfectly. Now nine years later after moving up there she has a beautiful family, she enrolled into Mount Royal University and has a stable place to live with all the extra necessities she would want, and deserves. Going on six months ago, my parents went through a separation. Times were really hard for everyone in my family. Throughout this challenge that we were faced with, Brandy has continued to be my shoulder to lean on. When I need to go somewhere to get away for a bit, she's the first one I call. If I didn’t have her in my life for support and encouragement, I don’t think I’d be as strong as I am today. She always pushes me to do my best, and when something doesn’t go the way I hoped, she's there to tell me the right things that I need to hear. Brandy will forever be my best friend.

-By Sydney Shade

No comments:

Post a Comment