Wednesday 5 April 2017

Figuring Things Out

Everyone’s saying "you should know where you want to go by now", but everything went by so fast that I’ve barely had time to think about it.  I feel like I’m stuck - stranded in a desert, not knowing where to go or what to do.  I'm just looking around, sand burning my feet, trying to find someone to help, but there’s no one, nothing, but sand.  Finally, I see something and I bust with excitement!  I run as fast as I can towards it, but it disappears because it was only an illusion. That’s what happens with me, I find something and it disappears on me, and I have no idea where to go next.  I’ve had ideas on where I want to go, what I want to do with my life after high school, but how do I know it’s the right path? There are so many paths to be taken, and my destiny is just be the one out of 10000. Everyone that I know, knows what they’re going to do, half of them are already signing up for classes for next fall, and here I am still waiting for a sign to know what path I should take.  I had a thought that maybe I’ll take a year off, find myself, and make some money, but then there is the question lies beneath me: "Am I going to go back to school, or will I be too happy making money and not want to go back?" There are so many questions in life that will not be answered until the time is right.  I guess now I’m just waiting for the right time to come to me.  I guess one day I'll figure it out. 

-By Aspen Larson 

No comments:

Post a Comment