Wednesday 5 April 2017

Family

The first thing I thought about when I hear the words courage and hope, is my family. We have been through a lot of struggles as a family, but we have never given up on each other because we all know that we belong to each other. My mom and I have asthma, but my mom's asthma is way worse than mine. In the beginning of our journey to Canada my mom got an unexpected asthma attack in the airplane and the journey turned into a complete nightmare. We hadn't even arrived to Canada yet and we almost lost hope. I hated the disease so deeply because of this; it lasted for about ten minutes, but it felt like ten hours. Somehow, she got better and we continued our journey with hope for a better future. Then everything started to get better when we arrived safe. The first month in Canada was so boring that we had to sit at home 24 hours a day, missing home and friends, but the longer time we spent here the more we liked it. My mom had a couple more asthma attacks after that, but as usual we were all there for her and thank God she got better. I really hope we don't have to go through that again.

- By Tomas Haile

No comments:

Post a Comment