Monday 3 April 2017

Family and Cars

The vision I have of my future has both cars and family in it. When I say family, it's not just blood family, in fact sometimes it's not blood family at all. Family for me is who's there with me when I need them.


There are three special cars in my life, two are my dad's, and the other is mine. One of my dad's has been made into a tribute car, while the other is in the process of becoming one, and my car is very special to me because if it weren't for someone very dear to me I wouldn't have it. The special someone, who the two cars are being meant to tribute, is the same person who made it possible for me to have my car. This vision of my future is so perfect that it scares me because there is always something that goes wrong. The whole reason the cars my dad owns are tribute cars is because things didn't go the way we wanted them to. The very person who made it possible for me to have my car, also never got to see it. She also never got to see the one car my dad had, at the time, finished. This is why the tribute cars have become tributes, but they were not bought with that intention.

Family has become way more important to me over the last year. My family has grown because I consider more people family because they were there when I needed them. The one thing with family is that no matter what they'll always be reunited, it just might be a lot longer of a wait then most hope. When my dad and I are in these cars together it feels like that wait to be reunited is over, even though it's still a long way out. In these cars we feel connected to her even though she's gone. That's the reason cars and family are the key points in my future.



-By Brett Gross


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

This is a link to the song "See You Again" by Wiz Khalifa. Much like the cars, this song is like a tribute to the person I have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment