Monday 3 April 2017

Pow

When I think of what I am passionate about I imagine myself on top of my closest local mountain at Castle. I love every moment of it! Looking at my best friend right beside me, then looking down to pick my line, the wind and the snow hitting my face like a wall of pins and needles. Every time I carve I get I get a slash of pow in my face, inhaling it, suffocating me like I’m under water. Let’s not forget that adrenaline rush! It's almost like I can just feel it rushing through my veins.This is what I love. I love every bit of it, even sitting on the chair looking at what’s next to ride, building that courage to look for harder terrain, waiting on the chair for that next run in, the bumps and bruises, the laughs, and especially the memories made with the ones I’m lucky to share my passion with. It’s been quite hard to pursue it this year being that I’ve been to busy with work and school. Going to school all week and work on the weekends makes it quite difficult to get up to the mountains and shred some pow but I haven’t let that stop me from getting out. I’ve only been out four times this past season which is better than nothing, but I just hope I can find more time next year and in the years to come.   

-By Saje Pitre

No comments:

Post a Comment