Wednesday 5 April 2017

Your Heart Beats for a Reason

Having courage and hope are a big factor in the things that I like to do. I like to do things that get my heart rate going and make it beat outta my chest. Maybe I'm an adrenaline junkie? It’s hard for me to get excited about anything except for longboarding. Bombing down a hill at 50 km/hr hoping I’m not gonna fall, I feel alive. There are two steps to bombing a hill, the first is have the courage to do it, and the second is the hope that you won’t eat the road. Trust me though, no matter how good of a rider you are, eventually you will fall. For me though road rash is like a medal, something with a story behind it. If you’re scared to get hurt then go home wrap yourself in bubble wrap and climb into your closest because there isn't enough time in life to be scared of things. There is no particular meaning to life, life is what you make of it. Do things that make you happy everyday and find something you’re passionate about. Find something that will make you want to get up out of bed in the morning. I spend months of my life longboarding everyday when it’s warm. It’s one of the only things that makes me happy and gives me a sense of purpose. There are clubs and groups in Lethbridge dedicated to learning or just going and riding with other riders. You get a sense of home and acceptance with people that share the same passion. I watch video after video on youtube and watch techniques to improve my riding, simply because I enjoy watching the pros do what they are the best at doing. I’m always scared at the top of a hill, but it’s a good kind of scared. A sense of feeling alive comes with doing things that could take life away because it makes you realize the value and importance of life. Stop wasting your life and go do the things that you want to do, and don't let anyone tell you that you can’t.

-By Clark Cryderman

No comments:

Post a Comment