Wednesday 1 November 2017

The Story of My Life

Courage and hope - those are really strong words and sometimes when you are in difficult situations it’s hard to find the courage or the hope to deal with difficult times. Courage and hope are very important characteristics that all of us should have, because without them we are really just bodies walking with no thoughts about what may come in the future. We must have courage, because it will help us face our fears and hope because we must have something to look forward to in our day to day lives. If we don’t have these traits, we will not be able to take a stand for what we believe in or what we think is the right choice. We are so caught up in our daily, busy lives that sometimes we forget to see the good things in life.


There are countries all over the world that are suffering of hunger, health, and crime. There are poor countries that are considered failed states and that are at the edge of life. What do all those people have left? Courage and hope. It takes a lot of courage having to live your day to day life knowing that at any moment all hell could break loose. The crime rates in countries like Zimbabwe or Nigeria is crazy, and I don’t mean just those because I know that there are many                                                                                                                                                                                 more also not just in Africa, but all over the world. All that those countries have left now is for people to have hope and the courage to live their day to day life trying to keep their children safe, so that they don't get killed going to the grocery store. That to me takes a lot of courage, and until one day if these countries get better, they all just have to hope for the best. The point is that if you don’t have hope or courage you wouldn’t be able to achieve surviving your life in these conditions because you would have nothing to look forward to.


In my life I’ve had a lot of situations where I’ve had to have courage. One of them was when I was back in grade nine, and I got jumped by these people in an alley. I honestly felt like I died a little and that was the moment where I started getting all the flashbacks of my life and memories with my family and friends. I had to have a lot of courage, because I kicked one of the assholes that jumped me and I ran away. I didn’t know where to go and I so I hid behind a dumpster, but I could still hear them looking for me. At this point I had honestly lost all hope, because I thought that they would kill me. When I did manage to get out of there, I felt so relieved and this is why it is important to keep hope and have the courage in situations that might get you killed.

-Alejandro Gonzalez

Mexican Vigilantes Stand Up Against Crime

No comments:

Post a Comment