Wednesday 1 November 2017

Suraye's Passion

My passion in my life is rodeo because it's something I like and love to do and want to do it for as long as I live. Rodeo is part of who I am, where I come from and it’s what I know. I remember when I first started I was doing pretty good; I was on my way to making it to the Indian National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas that was and still is one of my goals to make it there. With rodeo there's always that "what if"; what if this happens, or what if that happens because you never know what’s really going to happen in the arena. Once you’re on that horse ready to go you can’t really determine how your run is going to go and it either could be a really good or bad outcome, you just never really know. During one of my practices I had a little accident with my horse, which left me traumatized. I took a little time off after that and I wish that I didn’t because it set me way back from achieving my goal, but it’s not like I’ve completely gave up on it. Despite what  happened I still ride whenever I get the chance and I’m slowly working towards getting back into that rodeo life because I still have the support I need and I know I can do it.

-Suraye Blackwater

No comments:

Post a Comment