Wednesday 1 November 2017

Is Everything As It Seems?

We walk into life thinking it’s all sunshines and rainbows. "Oh look at that, I made a new friend", or "Wow, that was such a great day!" Little did we know as we got older we didn’t know what to expect out of every day. We didn’t know if we were going to live or die, or if we were going to win the lottery or become homeless. Everyday we face the unknown just hoping it will be good. As we get out of bed everyday we've got to be strong because we don’t know what we will face. As I walk the halls I don’t know what everyone is going through, all I see are smiles, but is that really how everyone feels - happy? We put on these masks everyday because we want to be strong and show that we can take on the world. We face the unknown everyday, and for some people that could be terrifying, so we put on these masks to help us. Our masks are that extra bit of courage to help us fight on throughout the day.

We want to please everyone around us and for some people that could be terrifying, so we put on these masks to help us. Our masks are that extra bit of courage to help us fight on throughout the day. It’s our armour and our shield. I ask myself everyday, why do I put on a mask? What am I hiding from? I don’t know why, but all I know is that I was putting on this mask and hiding from those around me I thought I could trust. That being said it’s important to have courage and hope because if we have the courage to face the things that we are hiding from, we can do anything and it will give us hope that these fears that lock us behind masks won't keep us locked behind our masks forever.

-Traelyn Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment