Wednesday 1 November 2017

Perfect Imperfections

I try hiding it under my bed; I try to shine light on it, but it never works. Day by day it gets bigger, stronger, smarter. I can’t handle it. It scares me. I’m scared. Everyday, every hour, every minute, it’s always with me. I try to run away from it, but how do I run away from myself? I am my own monster. I am my own fears. How have I created such monster? I know and can understand that I am not perfect, nobody is, so why is it that I am obsessed with perfection? Why do I wan to live such a perfect life? Is it to have a taste of happiness? What is the word “perfection” to me?
“Perfection” is scary to me. I am scared simply because I don’t know what it is. I've never seen it, but I want it. For years now the sense of perfection had been an itch in the back of my head. I don't know how it got there, but it’s still there. I have to cure it soon because it's getting hard to live with. I beat myself up simply because I'm not perfect. I’m not the smartest, I’m not the prettiest, I’m not the nicest. I have many downfalls that can not be controlled. I am my own problem, that needs time to get fixed. One day I will get over that monster, and hopefully we become good friends.  I'm a wild bird learning to fly, but I’m too scared to try it, all because of “Perfection”

-Michelle Flores.

Selena Gomez - "Who Says"

No comments:

Post a Comment