Wednesday 1 November 2017

Finding Hope in Music



Many people have passions that drive them and give them inspiration, and for me that passion is music. I love singing and playing the drums, and there are so many other instruments that I want to learn how to play. I hope that one day my future career will have something to do with music, maybe I’ll join a band or do musical theatre. I’m currently taking voice and drum lessons, and I’m in the schools concert and show choir and I plan on auditioning for the school’s musical this year. Music is a huge escape for me. Whenever I’m feeling anxious or depressed, it makes me feel at home no matter where I am. I’ve been through some hard times in life and whenever I’m feeling down I know what to turn to. I really hope that other people currently going through struggles in their life are able to turn to music to because it’s a great way to express your emotions and your creativity. I’ve been considering writing my own music, but I don’t know where to start, regardless I hope that this is something I get to do for a full time career.  Although this is a cliche, music is what keeps me going and I hope other people are able to feel the same way. I have provided a link to a song that I like to listen to when I’m feeling down and want to feel better

-K.L

"You Will Be Found" from the DEAR EVAN HANSEN Original Broadway Cast Recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSfH2AuhXfw

No comments:

Post a Comment