Wednesday 1 November 2017

Singer Who Can't Sing

Being alone is such a harsh thing. Not having a sense of belonging is like having a band with one person, and passion is like a miracle drug that can help you fix yourself. Playing the guitar is what I’m passionate about because it fixes my feelings when my feelings are broken. It’s like I’m a part of the guitar when I play it. Although I’m not that good at playing the guitar and I’m not that good at playing with other people, I can say that as long as you play I by heart it will give me the courage to face it. Many people criticized me because of how I play, but some people liked it but never really knew the reason why. I play music because it is what my heart and mind desires, like unspoken words that are meant to be said. I was never confident playing music with other people, especially in public and I’m not good playing music with others. Some people say it's because I lack experience, but actually it’s because there is a story about it. People have told me that I’m not a good singer, so I myself accept that I’m not a good singer, but that never stopped me from striving for what I love and am passionate about. After that, I felt like the guitar was calling to me, saying that I don’t have to sing, I just have to show them what I can do. I hope that one day they’ll acknowledge me as a musician. I realize that I don’t really have to sing because I have my guitar that can sing for me and it gave me courage to face all of it.

-Inigo Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment