Friday 3 November 2017

Expectations

  I’m pretty sure I have made up my mind about going to college for Criminal Justice, and maybe end up working in Corrections after, but I am scared that I will not do well due to how physical it is. I am really doubting myself even though I know that I CAN do it.

  I'm scared that if after college if I get hired at the jail, that I will somehow mess up and disappoint my dad, who I will probably be working with. I’m scared that I will not live up the expectations people will have for me just due to who my dad is. I will have huge expectations to meet because my dad is one of the senior officers, and has been working at the jail for just over 30 years, and having the same last name, everybody will know who I am.

  I want to be able to live up to the expectations, but I really don't know if I can.

-Brooklyn Kandel

No comments:

Post a Comment