Wednesday 1 November 2017

A Walk in My Shoes


In my life I want to succeed even when people tell me I can’t do it. I am planning to show them that I won’t quit, and I will make it to the top. My life is like a mountain it is hard to make it to the top because there are things that are holding me back, but I have to push through them. I’m showing courage by being strong and hoping to push hard enough that I make it. That paragraph should show people that even through hard times you don't let things block you from your dreams. Courage and Hope - everyone has it, but for some people it takes years or their whole life to build it up. I have finally found mine. I have always been the girl that people pick on so it was hard for me to be able to find it. This year has been a life changer because I have showed the girls that hurt me and put me down; I have showed them that I’m not weak. I’ve showed them that I am so much stronger then they will ever be. This generation of girls isn't what it use to be, it's always focused on how you look. Looks are what people pay attention to, they don’t look for what the girl really is and how amazing she actually is. You can’t judge a book by it's cover I have learned. People have masks. You think that they are happy and always smiling and have the greatest life, but have you ever looked at what is really inside? You think they are happy, but you don't know them they could just be wearing a mask and when they get home they take the mask off. I have learned in my life that everyone has masks, I have one and I will admit it. I Have learned that everyone is ‘"FAKE” - fake nails, fake hair, fake smiles, and fake faces. I see people and see how fake they are together. People are fake to me and I know that cause I know what the word fake is.

The age of 14 was a big step in my life because my mother got me a job working at a Pharmacy where I would meet new people. My job gave me great independence and I was making a wage so I could be independent to buy things focused around my own likes and values, and to be able to save for my future ahead of me. This job gave me great opportunities to see the value of money at an early age in my life. I enjoy my job where I can be my natural self around people. It has made me very independent, and see that I don't always have to depend on my parents and this is a great value in my life. Graduation time from St.Catherine's was a very happy time for me, where I was making a new life. Going to CCH was nice, but scary going out to the big world outside of Picture Butte, but it sure opened my eyes and I have come across some interesting experiences. I've learned a lot from going to CCH, as there are many walks of life here. I have learned from the bullying in my life to value and have respect for people with special needs and other needs, and to care and stand up for these people. In my 17 years of growing up I see the big world and thank my parents for making me aware of all that's out there in the world. This is my opportunity in life to be a police officer, to help and understand the people who are in the world today. Life is getting harder day to day. Let's respect what we have and I hope that my future takes me where I want to be. I want to be strong, and love those people who really need me. I want to show love to my family who are so good to me and have helped me along my way in this big journey to get to the age of 17, and to my friends and my teachers who have taken me this far.

-Kirsty Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment