Thursday 2 November 2017

Significance in My Life

For my blog post, I wanted to talk about the significance of courage and hope in my life in my day to day activities. I've talked about being on the football team and how that takes courage in my journal, but it’s not just because I go to practice everyday and I play the games the best I can. It’s also taking the time to even do any of that. It’s hard to be a student athlete, not just in football but when you have to give up your time for sports, it's very hard and I would say it actually takes a lot of courage to give up your free time. Once you join a team, you go to practices and you no longer have as much free time because instead, that time becomes time for the sport you are involved in. A lot of people give up time with their families, or they have to wait to get a job or maybe even have difficulty keeping a job. It might not make the most sense that I'm linking this to courage, but it's just what I think and it's actually the situation that I'm in. When I get home, I have about 2 hours until I have to get myself ready for bed in order to get a good enough sleep and charge myself for the next day. Sometimes it’s difficult, but it is all worth it when I look at the good I'm doing for myself.


When I think of hope in my life, nothing really comes to me off the top of my head, but it doesn't mean I don’t have any hope. I have hope for my to do good in school and activities I'm involved in after school and I like to think that my future will be good. I have hope in myself to succeed in life and that pretty much wraps everything up. If I don't succeed today, then I pull myself together and I go on to succeed the next day because what's in the past is past, and I just need to focus on what's going to happen next and the things I need to do to succeed. The thing that drives me is hope and I don't know if it's just me, but I think that courage along with hope are very significant  to have in life.

-Kaymen Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment