Thursday 2 November 2017

Struggles of Life

I am not perfect, no one is, but there are some people who are pretty darn close. Doing some/most drugs makes you skinny, and being too skinny makes you scared of your own body. Doing drugs puts your mind in another place, making you think you're always sad and you don't know how to get rid of it. Your mind doesn't know how to get rid itself of anger, so you take the anger out on yourself. You cut yourself... and not just little scratches you cut yourself so deep that you won't stop bleeding for hours. Now that you are done, you are left with a very scarred up body, and you're so uncomfortable. You don't want to sit in the hot tub with your family or go to the beach with your boyfriend. You look in the mirror and cry. There are scars everywhere: arms, legs and your stomach and you always wear long sleeves because you don't want people to judge.

Now I've learnt from my past, I'm still learning to live with my scars and I'm getting less and less insecure of my body. My boyfriend helped me out a lot. One night he wanted to go sit in the hot tub and I didn't want to because I didn't want him to see my tummy and arms, so I just told him about it. I pulled up my sleeves and rolled up my shirt, so he could see my arms and tummy. He touched my scars and said, “I love your scars, they make you you! They make you a warrior, they tell a story”. Then he kissed my scars. Now everyday I look in the mirror and tell myself I'm beautiful, and that I'm a warrior.

-T

Lupe Fiasco and Guy Sebastian - Battle Scars. I chose this song because it explains my whole story in one song.

No comments:

Post a Comment