Monday 5 January 2015

I Bow Down for No Man


Walking tall and not fearing anyone is a feeling I hold dear to me because of the bullying that happens at schools and homes and in society.  I have witnessed kids getting beat up or taunted and it is something I cannot stand back and watch, I have to intervene and stick up for people who were helpless. 
It all started when I was in grade 3.  When the teacher left the classroom, the whole class cornered me behind the teacher's desk where they cheered on the classroom bullies to fight me.  I was punched again and again. Ever since this happened I always stuck up for myself; I never wanted anyone to hurt me again and the thought of this makes me want to go back and change what happened.
It was courage and hope that changed my instinct and forced me to act in a situation where certain people are hurt.   Now I only choose certain friends and certain people and battles where it is a good thing and a good outcome, only acting in my own defense and the defense of others. I have trained my mind to avoid fear in a situation where it means not backing down.  I never want lose another fight; I will die before I will lose another fight. I never want the thought of losing and keeping it in my mind for ever. I have become a little too aggressive at times where I created my own self-inflicted battles, but it was only stemming from the knowledge that I did not want to be hurt again and sticking up for myself is the greatest feeling of victory I could of ever have.

“Always in the wrong place at the right time”
By Joseph Day Chief

No comments:

Post a Comment