Sunday 18 January 2015

Grade 9 Year

In grade 9 I had the worst year of my life. I was being called fat and ugly, and I never said anything about it because it was my “best friend” and I thought if I had said something to him he would stop being my friend. When it started it was funny and I laughed, but half way through the year all my “friends” started to call me fat, ugly or stupid. Whenever I would stand up for myself they would think I was just making a joke and then call me stupid again. It really destroyed my self-esteem.  They finally disowned me and no one would talk to me. I wanted to end it all because I did not want to be made fun of anymore. I thought that ending my life was the best way to go, but that summer my sister started to talk to me about coming to youth more. I started to go to youth and learn more about God.  At first it was a bit weird and I felt out of place, but soon I started to find God. My whole life changed 360 degrees. I started to go to church every Sunday and youth every Thursday.  Since then, I have started to go to a young adults group on Tuesdays. I am the leader of the worship team at my church and my youth. God has saved my life and He is awesome. When someone calls my ugly or fat I just shove it off because I know God loves me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jas8siNG3Bo

By Kyra Webb


No comments:

Post a Comment