Sunday 18 January 2015

Dirt

When I was a kid my dad and I were at home together watching TV. He changed the channel and he showed me Monster Jam. This was the first time I ever saw a monster truck, the truck known as “Big Foot”. I could remember it clearly, a 1970’s brick style Ford F-150. It was blue with big white rims and huge tires too. That thing was crushing cars, doing awesome donuts and hitting big jumps. That truck along with many others opened my eyes to motorsports. 
A few years after my dad passed away I got a dirt bike for my 14th birthday. It was something I’ve always wanted, but my family could never afford. I fell in love with that bike even though that bike battered and bruised me up and even broke my collar bones I still never stopped riding it. I loved it. But that bike taught me how to do 3 of the best things in life:
1: Never Panic. 2: How To Drive Manual/Stick 3: How To Have Fun Behind The Wheel
With those 3 things I’ve learned it gave me the courage to keep on making the sacrifices I make to do the things I love. When I do these things I risk so many things, my truck, my hard work and more importantly my life. The thrill it gives me is what I want to do for the rest of my life. That why my hobby gives me hope and guidance towards my future dream of becoming a automotive technician so I can keep on building my F-150 - the same truck as big foot.

By Darwin Healy


1 comment:

  1. I think it is really awesome that even though riding your dirt bike continuously hurt you, you still had the courage to get back up and keep going. The fact that you loved something so much you were willing to face all of that hurt, makes me believe you are quite brave because there are a lot of people who wouldn't have the courage to do that.

    ReplyDelete