Monday 5 January 2015

The Significance of Courage


The significance of courage can be physical, spiritual, and emotional.  It is a time in our life when we think it is time for us to stand up and speak out even if we are in danger, in pain or afraid.  Even if we don’t know the outcome, we hope that it will turn out well.  A couple of years ago I had to made a decision if I wanted to be happy and feel like I am significant or live in an environment that makes me feel unhappy and insignificant.  It took courage for me to open up to the people that could help me move out of that environment.  I knew there would be opposition from those around me, that they would be negative about the change - I wanted to make to where I was living.  The difficult times I had to face was gathering all those people together to make my choice known to them and answering the question: “Why? Why do you want to leave?”  I had to face my own fears, was I making the right or wrong decision because my heart was not fully in it.  When I made the decision and started in the new environment, there were negative comments and lies that hurt me and took the joy from the start of my new life.  But then I remembered the courage; I had to make the decision because I knew that the same courage would l help me get through the lies and help me start a new future.  What helped me to have this courage was the gift of courage I saw in one of my friends who has overcome great obstacles that I don’t think I could face.  Her magnificent courage helped to motivate me to do something for myself, to make the changes I needed to make.

By Georgina Nyavor

No comments:

Post a Comment