Monday 5 January 2015

Tapped Out of Courage and Hope


"Magic the Gathering" is my favourite activity and I find that almost every game something requires courage and hope. As far as hope goes, sometimes I look at a board state and think that there is no way that I am ever going to get out of this and I may as well give up and move on to the next game, but sometimes I just have to stick it out and I might just draw the answer I need off the top of my deck. Magic requires courage because sometimes I go into an event and there are over 60 people there and I may know 5-10 of them.  Most of the time when I sit down across from someone I may have never met this person before and that can be pretty intimidating.
The first magic event that I went to had over 40 people there and I only knew 3 of them.   I played 5 rounds that day, 1 of which was against one of my friends and the other 4 were against complete strangers, luckily everyone was nice and I had an overall positive experience. With the only downside being that I got ripped off in a trade with a more experienced player who traded me a $5 card for my $20 dollar card (I didn’t realise this until much later).
By Austin Row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjG-hj38KgU
this is a good video if you do not know what magic the gathering is

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see one of these events . sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete