Sunday 18 January 2015

The End is Just the Beginning of Something New


In this world all we need is courage and hope to survive, courage to do what needs to be done and hope to not give up when things are not accomplished. Sadly, not all of us have the patience to maintain hope or the courage to stand up for what we believe in.  Fortunately I was gifted with both or else I would not be the man I am today. I have experienced several devastations in my life that made me think more than twice about my life and why I am on this planet.
The thing that really brought me down was when I got injured at a football camp in grade nine. My knee cap popped out and caught a ligament on the left side of my knee and stretched it. When I got my x-rays the doctor said it would take a long time to heal but he informed me that it would be best if I didnt play anymore.  I was heartbroken.  All my life I’ve been playing football, it was all I knew. After a few weeks of being depressed I told myself it would get better, that my knee would be better than before. After my knee healed and I was able to walk again,  I started to work out and focus on playing in grade ten. Sadly, I was not up to play in grade ten for fear of hurting my knee again. I took the year off and started to make myself prepared for next season. After a year of hard work I was confident enough to play in grade 11.  I made my starting position at defensive tackle and had a great year of football. I was able to maintain hope that I would be able to play football again and I got to.

1 comment:

  1. Great display of how to maintain hope, even against odds that far exceed the positives. Glad you got to play what you were so passionate about!

    ReplyDelete