Sunday 18 January 2015

What To Do?

Currently I am in my last year of high school and I’m terrified, because I still can’t figure out what I am going to do, or who I am going to meet in life after I am finished. I stress out  thinking about it too much which leads me to anxiety attacks that make me feel like I will be nothing but a failure. Now that January is here I have come to realize that there are only five more months until I will be completely finished with high school, then I will start having to apply to colleges or universities depending on what I want to do. I have a few options in mind of what I might want to do, but when I think about it more and more, I think into the future and wonder if I’m going to love it as much as I have when I thought about it. Although most people say that when you get out of high school it is common for people to not know what they want to do and that you can always change your classes if you’re not interested in them,  I just want to be done with school and  have a plan laid out for me to accomplish. I almost feel a like I am  Red from Shawshank Redemption because he too, was scared of getting out of his comfort zone and not knowing what life would be like outside of the prison, but he made it and he is now in what seems to be like paradise for him and his friend Andy. The courage for my journey is to face my fear of finishing high school and know that it is ok to make mistakes because that’s the whole point of being human; always do what you’re afraid of because you will become stronger knowing that you can get through those fears that once made you weak. 

By Tanis Crosschild


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZwLtlOtmcs

No comments:

Post a Comment