Sunday 18 January 2015

Connections to the Other Side

I remember my cousin joking around about suicide which in itself is horrible to joke about, but it is worse for me. I can’t stand when people joke about suicide  because that is how I lost my father. From a young age I had hope that my father will come back from the dead and in some small way I have the same feeling, but I know now that it is impossible. In my heart I know that he has not passed on, I mean I know that he is dead, but his spirit lives on here on earth.  When  we talk about him light sflicker,  the TV turns on and off, or changes channels to only channels he would watch like car TV or things about the cars. I remember one Christmas we had an ornament  that had our names on it.  It was tucked behind big letter that said "dream".  One day we heard a crash and the ornament broke, but only his name broke and it was at least a ten foot drop.  It was 13 years old, so it should have just shattered. Also, there is a doll that he bought me for Christmas or my birthday, it is 16 years old and the batteries have been removed, but it is still talking to this day and off and on it will says phrases like “I love you”  and “ see you soon”.  I have been told stories of   me sitting at the end of my bed talking to thin air, but after being asked who I was talking I would say, "a man named Bert" and mom would say, "Your dad?"  I would say, "no" and describe my great grandpa to a tee. Or I would say I would see my dad sitting on the end of my bed. Many times even now I see the dead.  At the beginning when I was young  this scared me, I didn’t have much courage.  I had a glimpse of hope that it was my father trying to let me know that he is here for me or that he was trying to send a message of comfort, not one of fear but I was too scared.  Many times when things started to move I would go hide in my room and just cry I didn’t have the courage to shrug it off  and say, "I love you too." Even now when there is a spirit that does something that isn’t what we are used to I still get scared, but I know that most spirits get bored of being mischievous.  My great grandma is a normal one as well, but she doesn’t speak with me though the typical way, she speaks with me though my dreams.  The first time she spoke to me was after her funeral.  It was scary because I was so young . I remember the words "thank you for being part of my life" and "I love you". Then everything went to white and I woke crying because It scared me.  For me this is a regular thing and honestly I want to  find a safe way to communicate with them again as I was able to when I was younger, but I’m not talking through ouija boards because who knows who, or what, will come through, but I guess that is the beauty of talking with the other side .

By Domminic Clifton

Look at the stories in the pictures at the bottom.




No comments:

Post a Comment