Sunday 18 January 2015

Hope Rekindled & Courage Everlasting

In a short time I will be a high school graduate and be ready to take on the world. A little scary to think about, but hopefully these last several years have prepared me for future life and adventures. Do I feel strong enough or courageous enough to leave high school? It is my hope that I am ready, but we will soon see. As I reflect back over the years I realize that it is only by relying upon my hope for a bright future and by being courageous that I will succeed. I do however know that it has not always been so easy for me, but others have helped me on my journey.

One thing that has to do with courage is to have the will to be able to come from a place out of the city that is rural to a place that is urbanized. It takes someone like me, out of my comfort zone which is a place that has peace and nature to another place that is much different than the plains that I call home. It is taking a huge step because I haven’t become fully accustomed to the urban city life that others are so very used to and me not so much.


A time in my life where I lost hope was when I lost my grandmother a year ago, just before my birthday. I felt the feeling of emptiness and fear at that time because I couldn’t fully take the weight of losing someone so close to me.  This is something that everyone goes through during their lifetime, the end of the cycle of their lives. My grandmother was in the last stage of her Alzheimer’s and she could barely remember my dad, even me. She couldn’t even speak anymore or remember anything that she had learned. Soon after that year ended I finally found a way to push through that pain I felt and I moved on with my life. I regained my hope back because I knew that she was in a better place and that she didn’t have to endure pain any further. I felt happy again, but I know that this New Year in twenty fifteen, I will feel a bit down when her birthday comes but only for that one day. At the end of that one day I will feel happy again, continuing my life as it is. 

By Halee White Quills

No comments:

Post a Comment