Monday 5 January 2015


Courage is something that comes to us in some of the most unbearable of times, it's what makes us get up even when ore bodies say its impossible, and we are able to keep fighting on.

On August 10th 2013 I was diagnosed with a type two brain tumor that I had probably had for some time. The first seventy two hours all seem like such a blur and I can't remember a whole lot, but it's funny I didn’t ever remember feeling scared or like all hope was lost.  I always had high hope and never spoke about how awful and pissed off I should be because I just wasn’t.

To be brave I think it means to see how hard you can get hit and keep getting up and asking for more even when every one says you shouldn't.  I don't think of my self as being that brave or courageous, or anything special even when people say how brave I am.  I just think of myself as an ordinary guy who was just unlucky and it was just my turn in line.

Courage is something that we all must face and its up to you whether you can rise to the challenge and look through the dark skies and find that one ray of hope and hold on and don’t let go. To a lot of people hope is the only thing people have...to well, really hope for.  It's the feeling of walking out on to the other side and saying "look we made it".

By Dylan Westerson


No comments:

Post a Comment