Sunday 18 January 2015

The Passionate Pursuit of Reading

I’ve always loved reading, ever since I was a little kid; I am addicted to reading. The funny thing about my reading is that when I was little and started kindergarten by the end of the school year, my teacher wanted to fail me because I wasn’t a good reader. Then we went to St. Mary’s and they tested me and I passed. I always try to remember that because I find it funny. I’m always reading no matter what I do; if I’m 100% busy I’ll still find time to read a book. When I’m reading I love it because I get to see what the author has written. I get to see what they spent hours, maybe even days, months on in order to get published - their devotion to the novel. In that novel you get to work your imagination and that’s why I love reading, I get to experience the universe in novels like this one book I read, it was called Across the Universe. I don’t remember the author, but it is such a good book!  It was about these people in space who had to learn how to survive and they froze all these people and someone started killing them off slowly, but then when this one girl was about to get murdered, these doctors saved her. Then she finds out that she’s only been asleep for a shorter time then she was supposed to be. There are tons of different books about space, aliens, sci-fi, romance, action and everything else; I love reading them because I get to escape from life; I get to experience a whole other world without any distractions and just focus on that novel. I read like crazy and I can finish a 300 page book in a hour if I wanted to, just because I’m so into the book, that I don’t care how long I’m sitting down reading it for, it just captivates me so much that I continue anyway. My mom is always talking about how well I read and just how fast I can read a book, but it’s just I don’t like rushing through things and when I finish a 300 page book in a hour, I just feel like I rushed myself even though I didn’t. I’m very passionate about reading; I like the feeling of reading a book because I have that awesome feeling of imagining something that I thought I’d never thought I would experience, and that is what I am very passionate about.

By Crystal Bruisedhead



1 comment:

  1. Your blog made me realize how much you're passionate about books because you put in a lot of emotions that you get while reading one.

    ReplyDelete