Monday 5 January 2015

Courage and Hope

I have had many times where I have had hope in my life. The one that’s most significant to me is when my grandmother was in the hospital. Her being in there scared me; it made me think that I would never see her again. I always tried to think positively and always hoped she would get better. She had to have surgery on her brain to keep it from bleeding. She was put into a coma for the surgery and we had to wait until she woke up. Days went by and she wasn’t waking up; I was getting worried. I wasn’t allowed to see her because I was sick and all I wanted was for her to get better. Each day went on, still hoping she would open her eyes and she would see us there. Eventually we decided we would let her go. That was the hardest moment I have ever had to deal with in my life. It gave me a lot of issues trying to get over it.  A lot of times I had no courage, no will to do anything. My family and friends were always there for me and helped me get through it. Times have been getting easier now and I miss her everyday, but I know she is always with me. I always look back at this time to give me courage to go on because I know that’s what she would want of me. She is my angel in heaven and I know I will see her soon one day.

By Braxton Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment