Saturday 24 October 2015

Working Towards Hope


When you fall down you want to stay down but hope says “get up”. If you do not have hope you can have troubles reaching your goals. Hope also helps you get through life; if you have hope you can accomplish anything.

As humans we need hope. When I was younger (about 9) my family had a huge family reunion. One of my distant cousins is a motocross racer and he took me for a ride on his bike; I sure needed hope and courage then because I’ve never been on a motocross bike before and I could barely see overtop of the bike, plus at that time I thought that I was going to die because it looked scary, but I did not die and it was extremely fun. After my cousin took me for a ride on his bike I said to my mom, “Can I get one now mom?”  From that day on I wanted to be a motocross racer, but I was not willing to do the physical training to keep myself in shape. When I got older and started to learn more about cars I started wanting to be a mechanic. My dad has an old muscle car that I help him work on every now and then.   I want to become a journeyman mechanic so that I can work anywhere that has to do with cars and trucks and not heavy duty machinery. I would need to become a heavy duty mechanic to work on heavy duty machinery. Now my dad has bought me the same kind of old muscle car that he has, except for the fact that mine is older and rarer than his.  Every now and then dad and I will look at my car and try and see if there is anything wrong with it and if there is anything wrong with it we write it down and when I get money to get it on the road we will fix everything that is wrong with it.
 This has to do with hope and courage because you have to have courage to work on a vehicle because you might do something wrong and break something so therefore you have hope that you don’t  do something wrong and it works out well for you in the end.

-David Snyder


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GFiDdGGGM

No comments:

Post a Comment