Sunday 25 October 2015

People become vulnerable because they feel that they aren’t worthy of connection. To me vulnerability means you’re in a state of being open to injury or being emotionally injured.  You can’t tell when someone is vulnerable.  Take me for example, I’m very vulnerable when it comes to my past and the things that have happened in my past. I feel like if someone found out about some of the things that have happened to me and some of the things I have done, they would judge and wouldn’t see me for who I am today. I feel like they would tell other people and that I would feel like I’m not good enough. Having short hair also makes me very vulnerable.  Some people think I look like a guy and I think that’s the hardest part because I don’t feel good enough. I just want to feel pretty even with having short hair. It’s the same with the way that I dress; I prefer to wear guy shirts and sweat pants . I don’t like dressing fancy because I don’t feel comfortable.  I feel like people don't understand why I dress the way I do, and I feel like they judge because of it. It seems like people tend to only think the worst about things.

In the TED talk, The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown, she says “if you ask someone about love they will tell you about heartbreak”. She’s explaining how people think only of the negative when they are vulnerable to that subject. You can’t get courage without walking through vulnerability, meaning that without knowing what your vulnerabilities are you won’t ever find a way to get the courage you want. Once you stop worrying about your vulnerabilities you will have courage, we just have to let ourselves be seen for who we really are.      

-Kayla Dyck

No comments:

Post a Comment