Sunday 25 October 2015

Keep on Movin'

Courage refers to the ability to accomplish or do something that frightens one; hope is the feeling of expectation and desire for that certain thing to happen. For me, courage and hope have helped guide me to who I am today, despite my dark past. Growing up with the long-lasting effects of a brain tumour made me into the person I am today. Courage helped me realize that my past means nothing compared to what the future may bring for me. I’ve thought long and hard about what the future will hold and many opportunities are possible. I see a great job, great friends and family and a life full of happiness that will hopefully, with hope and courage, move on from all the hard times in the past. I want to inspire my future family and others that even though there can be rough times in life, that you can have the courage and hope to pursue the great things to come.  When I think of my personal vision of the future, there is a part of me that is scared and frightened to think of what might happen to me, and the people I love. I’m afraid of being alone like I was when I was younger, and being bullied for the way I was due to my health incident. I’m thankful for what happened in the past because the courage I have gained over the years will help me to accomplish anything my future throws at  me.

-Clayton Mead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVSOOBQB6I0

No comments:

Post a Comment