Sunday 25 October 2015

Skate Life

Courage and hope are key aspects in anybody’s life. Every day someone is using courage just to get up and go to school, leaving their house. Everybody is utilizing courage in some way to do something meaningful to them. Hope is something that people need to keep with them at all times. When people are going through hard times they need hope to get through it. For me as a skateboarder, courage and hope are things that I need constantly. Every single time I skateboard I’m using courage to try the tricks that I do and commit to them. I hope that every time I try something I’m going to land it and not fall on my ass. All the injuries that I’ve endured throughout my skating lifestyle would be enough to make any sane person quit, but skateboarding is something that has been in my life since I was a young child and it will stay in my life till I am physically incapable.

Being a skateboarder is not the easiest thing in the world. You get labelled as a lot of things and there aren’t a lot of role models in the skateboarding community. Skateboarders are known as drug addicts, alcoholics and rude people, but the label I’ve been going by for the past couple years has been “skid”.  I look at where all my junior high friends have gotten in life and it worries me a little. I’ll be eighteen in less than six months and I don’t have a job, any money saved up or my own vehicle. There are kids in my grade, even some younger than me with all of those things. While these people were out working for the things they wanted I’ve been bumming money off my parents and spending all my time skateboarding, and having good times with my friends. I want an education now and I want to do something with my life. If in the end I still don’t have a good paying job even with my education I will devote my life to skateboarding. Skate or die baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8vAS2qOhw
-Rory Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment