Wednesday 24 June 2015

My Hope and Courage

Hope and courage two words that impact my life everyday. Hope is simply a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. And courage on the other hand is the ability to do something that you know is right or good, even though it is dangerous, frightening or very difficult. For me courage and hope were needed many times through out my life. My first thought is courage is used in everyday life by staying consistent with everyday goals and values. It’s hard to not do the "right" thing in life and so often we wish to take the easy way out, even if no one sees. So courage is being true to you and then the rest of the world will look at that as courageous.
            Courage is part of your true-self. we were born with it. Examples of courage for me is the moment we get out of bed in the morning especially the winter in Canada. It takes courage to make friends or be dedicated, honest worker or student. And it also takes courage to face life issues and accept responsibility in our lives. And when we get older it takes that courage to be an good examples to our children and make them realize what kind of world we live in and that it is forever changing. I always keep three statements to myself that take courage and the first one is apologize. It takes courage to admit when you are wrong and you did something bad. The second one is be yourself. Don’t imitate anyone let the world see your true identity and who you are. And the third one is to take responsibility. It’s us who make the choices in our lives not others, so if you don’t like what you see then change it by making good choices and that will give you the appropriate consequences.

            Hope on the other hand was my second friend who impacted my life. For me hope usually arrives when things are very difficult. And in those difficult moments we able to discover the possibilities still present, and that’s when hope appears. Having a positive sense of hope in our lives is important. Without hope you can’t advance you career to the next levels. Also you can’t full fill relationships with others without it. And most of all you can’t discover the purpose of our lives that god gave us. I’m going to talk about a example of me realizing the significance of courage and hope. When I was in grade 10 everyone was talking about the same thing and that was “work”.  Apparently everybody had jobs and they were just talking about it in front of people who didn’t have any, and I was one of them. The time flew really fast and I was getting annoyed  by people telling me “get a job”.   I told myself i was going to get one, but i was too lazy to get one. However, it was time for me to step up my game and get on with my life as well as my career, so I made resumes which you need to get a job and went outside in the winter by myself in a blizzard and gave resumes to all the stores that were near my house. You see you are probably thinking what does this have to do anything with hope or courage, but it took courage for me to step up and get my life going and hoping that I would get a job. It takes a real man to face the difficult situations no matter what in you life but you still have to keep fighting those and take the right pathways.

            Courage and hope were big part of my life.  They were there for me when I needed  them and were right beside me in every moment in my life. Again courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid, courage means you don’t let fear stop you. You have to have courage as well as hope when we get out bed and continue the rest of the day. Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes its that little voice in your mind that says at the end of the day “i’ll  try again tommorrow”.

-By Samila Walgama 

No comments:

Post a Comment