Saturday 24 October 2015


Life is hard.  I go through my day hoping that when I get home I’ll be welcomed with a warm smile and a loving embrace.  Some people don’t get that or at least not all the time.  Some find that it’s better to run from life either with a bottle or knife; these people don’t see the love or warmth around them, they only see the things that make them sad.
"I’ve got open eyes and an open door, but I don’t know what I'm searching for.  I have a big old heart and this I know for sure, yet I don’t know what my love is for." - Passenger

The struggles that I face are hard, but that is only because my future holds something big.  God wouldn’t send me anything I can’t handle.  I’m so afraid and it’s hard to find a reason when you’re full of doubts.  I struggle with two things: doubt and disbelief.  These two are big problems for me.  They are negative and discouraging.  They cause me to make poor choices which makes life difficult.  They cause us to say things like “I wish I lost weight” or “I wish to see someone famous” or “I wish I had better relationships.”  We need to stop wishing for things and make up our minds that God will help us have wisdom, make good choices, and overcome our trials if we put our faith in him.  Another way I struggle with doubt and disbelief is thinking God won’t help me because I haven’t done everything right, or believing God is willing to help others but not me.  One thing I have learned is that God doesn’t expect perfection from us.  God works in our lives through faith.  He wants us to expect Him to do good things in our lives. 

 "It’s hard to see inside yourself when you can’t see your way out.  It’s hard to find  an answer when the question won’t come out." - Passenger
Every day you need to stay positive.  The devil is trying to fill our minds with negative obsessions and doubt.  You fight the devil by opening your mouth and saying, What God would say?  Don’t let the Devil use your mind as a garbage dump.  You may be thinking, I just can’t help it…I wish I could believe and not doubt.  The truth is, you can.  God wouldn’t tell us to trust in him if it were not possible.  We can defeat our doubts and our disbelief.  So how do we do it?  How do we believe in God and go after it like we go after food when we’re all really hungry?  We believe.  God’s word is medicine to our soul and the food we need to keep our spirit strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment