Sunday 25 October 2015

Failure is a Monster

Failure is a monster in my life. The word itself brings down and frightens people. I think everyone is afraid of failure, because they’re scared to be embarrassed or downgraded. People are afraid to be a loser, because when you lose, it brings other people up while you go down. That’s how I am mostly and those are my thoughts on failure. There are times in my life where I have failed to be successful and it bothers me. The feeling of getting tossed around by a steer or getting scored on by the other team is not a good feeling because it tells me and everyone around that I wasn’t successful. Also the feeling of being lower than someone else is not a good feeling at all, especially with a person like me.  I’m the type of person to be competitive in sports I’m good at. For example, if I lose a hockey game obviously I’m going to be mad because I wasn’t successful. I know hockey is a team sport, but that sad, down feeling in the dressing after a tough loss to a different team is not good. The gravity and emotions of every single player brings people down and does not feel right because you weren’t successful. Even with rodeo too, every time I don’t throw a steer down and make a fast time, I am obviously going to be mad about it because I wasn’t successful. I think everyone knows the saying "practice makes perfect" and that is what goes through my mind sometimes when I’m doing an event or playing a sport. Another thing that I’ve found difficult to be successful in his Jr. bull riding. It’s something you can’t practice at home or at the rink. It’s a one-time thing at almost every youth rodeo or tour rodeo. I was lucky enough to stay on the Jr. bull for the amount of time given, but after my ride I noticed one of my good friends hurt from riding the Jr. bull. The look in his eyes and the sound of his voice were different that day, because he wasn’t successful. In everything I do, I try my best to shine the light on this monster - failure - by going with what I’m doing and one day, I’ll beat failure by being successful in my own way that is satisfying.

-Bailey Day Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64vXec-pKA4

No comments:

Post a Comment