Saturday 24 October 2015

I have recently been going into a downward spiral in my life. I felt alone and felt as if nobody even cared, just small things would trigger me. I have recently found out that courage means your heart and to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart, and that is what I am going to do, so I am going to tell you my story. We need the courage to know that we as human beings do have imperfections but that doesn’t define us as who we truly are from inside our heart.

Just the past few weeks have been very stressful, school, my personal life and just little things would bother me. I thought I could manage the feelings I was feeling and hold them in. You see growing up I was always told that if you let people see you’re sad, down, scared etc.; you are weak and pathetic. That has always stuck with me. I would never want people to see what I was feeling because of what I learned growing up. I needed to be “strong”. Until one day, I broke.

Just one single argument with someone you love can cause difficulties in your  life and can trigger a lot of things, especially if you have been through a lot growing up and are still going through hard and stressful times. Saturday, October 3rd 2015. That was the day I had enough. I didn’t have the hope to keep going through this life. I didn’t have the courage to face everybody on this Earth and so I made the biggest decision of my life.
 
That big decision led me to be in the hospital. I was under a twenty four hour watch for a day and a half, and then I was moved into the C.A.M.P program. I thought it was going to be hell and I would have to be stuck there for months, but no. C.A.M.P was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I learned so much. I realized that I wasn’t alone. I found the courage to reach out and ask for help and the hope to know that there is so much to live for in this life. I heard this quote “lean into the discomfort” and that’s exactly what I had to do to and it took me this far. I am now doing so much better. I just needed a hand with some stuff emotionally.
 
I just want people to know that if you feel something similar to what I felt, just know you are not alone and you have so much people who do care about you, you just need the courage to reach out for help, and the hope to know that you are worth living for.
 
-Nakota Eagle Child

No comments:

Post a Comment