Sunday 5 April 2020

The Significance of Courage & Hope

Everyone I surround myself with always tries to tell me how I should live my life. I had a dream, a dream to one day become a professional Golfer, to make it to the PGA tour - every Golfer's dream. I wanted the young kids to look up to me as their role model, and I wanted to be everyone’s favourite. This past summer I finally had my opportunity to take my game to the next level, as a collage out in San Diego reached out to me and gave the opportunity to move out there and learn more about the game of golf. This collage opens up doors for me so I can get noticed by a Division 1 College. This is finally what I've been waiting for my entire life and I was so excited, but as the summer went on I thought a lot about it and I started second guessing myself, “Am I really good enough?”, “Can I play with the bigger, stronger, and smarter kids?”, This is what I wanted my whole life I thought. Let's just say reality hit me. I've been to tournaments in Phoenix and those kids play all year long they are a different caliber of player, kind of like they were bred to play Golf. I’m just some random kid from a little city in Alberta, Canada. I realized that college would be the farthest I’d make it. I am a really good golfer and myself and everyone else knows that, but I don't want to try and live out a dream if it may come crashing down.  I made a big decision by myself with no help from anyone not to go and not to try and live my dream. My friends and family members were all very confused on why I made that decision, but I knew it was the right decision and that’s what really matters. Now you may be asking yourselves what this has to do with Courage and Hope? I believe that there is still hope for me to become something, something I can wake up every morning and be excited for, something I truly love doing. Don't get me wrong I love Golf with all my heart, but I’m afraid if I try and take it to the next level and start taking my game really serious that my love and passion for the game will run out, just like my love for hockey ran out all those years ago. It took a lot of courage to make that decision, but I’m happy because I know my path still has hope and I’m excited to see where this new chapter of my life takes me after high school.

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment