Sunday 5 April 2020

Foresight


Ignorance is bliss they say, and that statement was especially true when I was growing up. I never could be dead set on what I wanted to do, or be when I grew up.  I always assumed it would work out for me in the end, but now I know that to be false and that I will have to work hard to get far in life. At age sixteen I had a job where I would sand car parts every day after school and everyday full time during summer.  It was an amazing opportunity to branch out and find a career that I enjoyed. As time went on work got slower, so there was a lot less to do around the place and I often would be doing many small things to keep me busy through the day.  At the time I never thought too much of the rapidly declining amount of work that needed to be done. The situation became very clear to me the day I was let go and I will never forget that car ride back home; I should have seen the whole thing coming. With car payments due every month  I became devastated watching every dollar I had saved up disappear and any ounce of hope for the future had been reduced to nothing more than fear. It was hard finding another job.  I never was a "people person" making it especially hard to try to sell myself. It had been awhile and I was starting to lose motivation. It wasn’t until one day where out of nowhere I told myself “what's the worst that can happen?” and drove over to a golf course handed in my resume and with enough courage proceeded to check back in every week to see if they had reviewed it. And after two weeks I had been hired

No comments:

Post a Comment