Sunday 5 April 2020

The Search

During this Covid-19 pandemic I was one of the few courageous people that was able to find a job for myself. I was able to get employment at 7-11 stocking shelves. It is quite difficult to find a job with all the risks of the Covid-19 virus. There is the risk of not being able to keep a job because of reduced hours or shutdowns due to the restrictions put in place by our government that is trying to keep us safe. Most places that are offering jobs are considered an essential service, such as grocery stores, gas stations and pet stores. This generally means that people need these businesses to continue operating in order to survive. Also, this generally means exposing you to hundreds of people that may have the virus. That is a huge risk to take that takes lots of courage to face. All these things create a lot of doubts, fears and anxiety of the unknown. Even with all of the doubts and fears I had to muster the courage to find a job. 

I also needed to keep hope in finding a job. There weren't exactly a lot of jobs on the market because of the restrictions in place. I was applying to as many jobs I could hoping that someone would contact me and say that they needed me. I had doubts that anyone would at all. Things were changing from day to day. More and more stores were either closing or laying of staff due to lack of demand, but I had hope that I would find a job. 


-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment