Sunday 5 April 2020

My passion isn’t necessarily something that I searched for, or something that I decided to like. I knew this passion was something that was always a part of me. It was so apparent to me at a young age that this is what drives me, what sets me apart from everyone else and what brings genuine happiness to my life. Since I was born I have been attached to my dad, and he had raised me to be whoever I wanted to be. When I was five I wanted to be in ballet, so he let me try a ballet class. When I was 11, I wanted to play basketball, so I played basketball. I even decided to curl for a year..but none of those things worked out, all I wanted to do was go camping so we could play in the mud on our quads, come home and wash our cars in the driveway and drive around until the sun came up. This was my passion. 
Once a year, every summer Street Machine Weekend comes around. It is my favourite weekend of the entire year, and the best part about being off of school for two months was this weekend. Every July my dad and I would clean up our cars and get ready to have the best night of the summer. We had so much fun watching the classic cars from the 60’s doing burnouts with no remorse as they cruised past a cop, or the Japanese cars from the 90’s drifting around corners and making everyone grin; the teenagers caused all the ruckus past midnight illegally street racing and cruising around with friends. 

These nights had such an influence on me that now as an adult, all I do is dream about building the fastest, loudest and most beautiful cars to show off to the crowds in the warm summer evenings. I’m proud of my passion, it is my entire life, not something I do on the weekends or occasionally throughout the year. This is something that I want to do for the rest of my life, and pass on to my children the same way my dad passed it on to me.
-Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment