Sunday 5 April 2020

Fear Does't Identify You


I will be explaining fear and how it can affect a person. Throughout time I have had many fears: speaking in front of people, talking to new people, or even getting up and walking in front of people who are sitting - all results of my anxiety that I still struggle with. If I didn’t have the courage I wouldn’t be able to work past it.  Some days are tougher than others, to the point where I can’t even get out of bed. Involved in fear is having the hope that nothing bad will come of it, the hope that I will eventually get over it, and that it doesn’t define the type of person I am. Fear is not a personality trait. Being afraid of heights let’s say doesn’t just make you a person afraid of heights. Fear holds people back from so many things and in today’s society, people will poke fun at you for your fears if what you’re afraid of is viewed as “stupid” or “childish” by others. No fear is childish or stupid, because you cannot control it. For example, I have a fear of ferrets, and anytime the word gets mentioned I start stuttering and impulsively sweating.  Fears can spring from anything; my ferret fear sprouted from a nightmare I had one time, and yes people make fun of me for it but again I can’t control it. Some people’s fears are much more serious than a fear of an animal but no one’s fears should be viewed as less important. 

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment