Sunday 5 April 2020

The Different Faces of Hope and Courage

Courage - stay strong and be brave. Hope - stay calm and do not lose what you believe in and what you think is right; those things can come to us in all kinds of ways. We can get it from within or a simple object can give us all that we need. Everyone is different in their  perception of hope and courage. For me I think it is a very good thing to live by these guidelines. I do not think I would be able to do some of the journeys I have accomplished in my lifetime without following these boundaries. Like when I had to go to Vegas to play volleyball when my dad was in the hospital and me traveling such a far distance not knowing what was going to happen. The hope my teammates showed me that things would get better and playing that sport at that moment was what I really needed by getting my mind off it and making an honest effort for not only me but for my coaches and my fellow players. The strength they had was what I was lacking and for them to do that showed me how much impact a team can have on an individual player.
Now social media is a big thing in our day and age. Everything gets put either on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter or possibly Facebook. Now some of those apps are very old but we need to remember that once something is online it is forever online. You are probably wondering how does this relate to courage and hope and the significance of it? Well, let me tell you to put something on the web takes courage alone to know that there is a good chance everyone around the world can see it. Even if they do not know you, but find your name or account number, it's a risk that most people do not think of. But to myself and maybe others these are one of those things we just do and not really think of the outcome too much. So, for every time you or a friend want to post something like a video, or a picture make sure you trust them. When myself or a friend puts a picture online I have hope that the person posting the picture won't do any harm to it.   
Providing a sense of achievement does not just come in doing something good but overcoming a fear and having strength and will power to deal with the issue that is right in front of us. We can all do that if we so desire. In English 30 we watched a movie called “Shawshank Redemption” and the main character Andy was able to achieve certain things because of his willingness to do so. That is just like the life we all live in today; we can choose to be a part of something greater and work up the hope to get there plus the courage we need to make it happen for ourselves. If there is one message that I can get across to you all, I believe that it is this: we ask for courage and hope a lot more than we think and we use it a lot in times of distress. It is said so often nowadays, that we forget if we really mean to use it in that context but I really encourage that if we understand the true meaning and how it helps our family or society we can make great changes in the years to come.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_A_FKCsVc&feature=youtu.be
 The following link shows hope and courage in my opinion because the people he refers to put themselves out there and on the line to change the world and be judged by the entire nation which takes a lot  of hope and courage


-Kendyl

No comments:

Post a Comment