Sunday 5 April 2020

Fighting With My Monsters

A monster is a person who tells us we are not good enough or we have no purpose in life. In life 
we all have a monster we run from. These monsters could be found anywhere, they could be on 
our phone through social media, they could be in our schools and they could be even found in 
our own homes, but the only way we can overcome these monsters is through hope and a
courage. If we have courage we can stand up for ourselves to tell these monsters to go away 
or to stop, to tell them that we have a purpose in life and we are good enough. All of these examples remind me of my personal experience with a monster, a monster who told me I could never play with my friends  in my own neighbourhood, a monster twho stole my bike twice and a monster who beat me up for who I was. This monster was known as the neighbourhood bully. A bully who I always tried to impress, but it always ended up with me getting a bloody nose or running back home into my moms arms with tears rolling down my face.  I thought it was impossible to make peace with my monster, my bully, but one day my Mom sat me down and told me about a thing called hope and courage, well not really, she told me about making peace and about telling the bully how I feel and how he makes me feel. But I told my Mom, "He won't listen to me, and he will probably just beat me up again". My Mom replied with, "just have hope and you will get what you want”. The next day I gathered up the courage to go over to the bully's door and knock.  I was greeted with a, “What the hell do you want?” With all the courage in me I told him how I felt; I told him that I was tired of him always beating up on me. I told him how I couldn't even make a friend in the neighbourhood because of him. I told him that every night I went to sleep I cried because of him. He looked at me with a disappointed face and I asked him, "Mason can we just be friends?" He looked around and then he looked back at his Mom and then he asked me if  I wanted to go for a bike ride. I believe that if I didn't have the courage  to go and knock on his door I wouldn't be able to make peace with my bully and if my Mom didn't tell me to have hope I wouldn't be able to write this story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGtYs8cRhs

-Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment