Sunday 5 April 2020

Growth Through Hope and Courage


I believe I had the courage and hope to become a better person, by the help of my friends and family. They had hope in me to go out and try my best, even if that means I came back in failure. They pushed me to keep going when I was too tired, but they believed I could make it a little bit further. They gave me the courage to keep going out and try my best. I had to have courage to play basketball, and my friends were there to encourage me. Playing basketball is where I feel I have the most courage because I can just be myself on the court and my teammates would appreciate it. Basketball gives me the courage to get out there and meet new competition. Not knowing what my opponent is capable of makes basketball fun, it makes me vulnerable to new talent. The competitive nature of the game makes the game exciting, and rushes a ton of emotions through my system. To feel those emotions again, I have to hope in myself, and the courage to put myself back out there again until I get it right. Having hope in myself is something that no one can take away from me. It all begins with believing in myself and learning my own capabilities to use for the future. The significance of courage and hope is learning new things, not to just cope, but also gaining new knowledge to use and spread in the future.

My life has been shaped on and off the court, by others having hope in me and by having the courage to put myself out there. The above link is to a TedTalk called “ The Power of Vulnerability,” It helped me develop my ideas that vulnerability is the core to everything you feel in life.

-Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment