Friday 31 October 2014

When we think of courage the first thing that comes to mind is fire fighters and lion tamers but we forget the little guy and how courageous he can really be. Courage doesn’t have to be shown by some great feat; it could be as simple as waking up in the morning, putting a smile on your face and going out into the harsh world that surrounds us. Forget about taming lions, what about going out and taming our own emotions? Courage is taking on a seemingly impossible task, not knowing what the outcome will be. Like running into a burning building. I know firsthand what that can feel like. Sometimes even the thought of having to be around people can send me into a state of utter anxiety and confusion. Sometimes it can make me feel like my heart is about to stop, like there’s no point and that it would be easier to just give up, but I push through. I run into that burning building because I can’t stay locked up forever. We are only prisoners to our own mind and the ability to smile and push through is hard to grasp. Courage is looking straight at a challenge that life throws at you and you making it yours. When I was watching a show there was a quote that stood out to me "no matter what you’re feeling on the inside, always remember to put on a good face" to me, that’s courage.

By Brianna Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment